WhatsApp is a messaging app that has become a part of our lives. We use this app to stay connected with our friends and family. On this app, we can make calls, chat, and Share photos and videos.
But a small problem arises when we share media Files as their Quality gets reduced. If you are also facing the same issue there is good news for you WhatsApp has launched a new feature called HD Option This option Can solve this problem.
If your WhatsApp is not updated to the latest version, you can update it from the Google Play Store. After updating, when you share an image or video, you will see the option for HD on top of the Screen. If you enable it, the quality will not be lost.
In this blog post, I will explain two methods to send HD photos and videos on WhatsApp Using Android:
- WhatsApp HD feature
- Send As Document
How To Send HD Photos And Videos On WhatsApp
The WhatsApp HD feature offers enhanced quality for media files specifically captured with the device’s camera. However, it’s important to note that this high-definition (HD) option is exclusively applicable to such camera-captured content and does not extend to files like screenshots or screen recordings. Furthermore, it’s worth mentioning that when using the WhatsApp HD feature, there is some degree of compression applied to the files, resulting in a marginal loss of quality.
For those who prioritize retaining the original quality of their images and videos, the optimal method is to send files via the document-sharing feature. This approach ensures that your media files are transmitted without any compression, maintaining their pristine quality.
In the case of the WhatsApp HD feature, quality may be slightly reduced to facilitate quicker file transmission. This reduction in quality, however, also leads to a decrease in file size, contributing to more efficient use of internet data.
Conversely, the Documents method keeps the file size unaltered, but it does take more time to send, and it may consume slightly more internet data due to the absence of compression.
Ultimately, the choice of method should align with your personal preferences and requirements. Both methods are outlined below for your reference.
Send Photos And Videos using the HD Option
If you want to send high-quality photos and videos using the HD feature on WhatsApp, follow this method:
1. First, open the chat of the person or group on the WhatsApp application where you want to share high-quality media files.
2. Now, in the text box, you will see a camera icon. Tap on it. Here, you can either select recent photos/videos or tap on the gallery icon to open the complete gallery.
3. Choose the media file you want to send. You will see the HD option at the top of the screen. Tap on it
4. You will see two options, “Standard Quality” and “HD Quality”. Here you need to select HD Quality.
5. In the last step, tap the Send button and your media file will be sent in high quality.
Send HD photos/Videos Via Document
If you want to share high-quality images/videos through documents, follow this method:
1. Open the chat on WhatsApp, and in the text box, you will see a “PaperClip icon” Tap on it.
2. Now, you need to tap on the document. You will see recent documents there. You can select a file from there, or if you want to access other files from your Android system, tap “Browse Other Documents.”
3. Open the folder where you have saved your files.
4. Select the media file you want to share and tap on the Send Button.
By using this method, you can ensure that your high-quality media files are shared with your intended recipient without any loss of quality or compression, maintaining the original image and video quality.
How To Open Document Files on WhatsApp
Now you know how files are sent through documents on WhatsApp. You should also know of how to open them if someone sends you photos/videos via document. Opening or previewing a Document file is very easy. Just follow these steps:
- Open the chat of the person who sent you photos/videos as a document.
- Download the document file.
- Tap on the downloaded file.
- Now you will see different options: Open with the gallery or use a different app. Select the option that you find suitable for You.
- After Selecting Any one Option, You will be able To Preview an Image Or Video.
Why does WhatsApp compress image And Video Quality?
WhatsApp makes pictures and videos smaller so they can be sent quickly, use less data, and not overload their servers. This helps the app work well on different devices.
How Can I send HD images on WhatsApp using an iPhone?
you can send HD images on WhatsApp using an iPhone. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp and go to the chat where you want to send the image.
- Tap the “+” button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Select “Photo & Video Library”.
- Select the image you want to send.
- Tap the “HD” button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap the “Send” button.
Can I use the HD feature on any network connection, like Wi-Fi and mobile data?
Yes, you can use the HD feature on all types of network connections, including Wi-Fi and mobile data on WhatsApp.
whenever you want to send a high-definition photo or video, You Need To Follow the method that I have shared in this blog post.
If you want to send multiple files and you want the files to be sent quickly, then you should send Them manually. When you send photos/videos manually, there is no compression applied, and the file is sent quickly.
But when you send a file with an HD feature or as a document, there is no compression applied, and the file size remains almost original.
In this article, I have also provided answers to questions related to the topic. You should also read them. If you are facing any kind of problem or need help, you can contact me Through the Contact Us page, or you can leave your comment in the comment box below.