There was a time when we could only send text messages on WhatsApp. After that, we got the voice message feature.
WhatsApp is continuously adding new features to improve its platform, and now it has introduced another feature: Instant Video Messages.
With this feature, you can quickly record a 60-second video message and send it to any number. If you want to know more about this feature then read this complete blog post.
Today, I will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to enable and use the Instant Video Messages option.
What is an instant Video Message?
Instant Video Messages were made available to beta users in June 2023, but they were officially launched on Android and iOS in July 2023 (source). The Instant Video Message works just like a Voice Message, but with this feature, users can record a 1-minute video message instead of a voice message.
Difference Between Regular Video and Instant Video Messages
Instant Video Messages and Regular Videos are two different features. Don’t get confused about them. I have explained both of them in detail below.
- Regular videos are made before you want to show them to others.
- They can be long or short depending on what you want to share.
- Sometimes, you might need to make changes or edits to these videos.
- You can keep these videos in your phone’s picture collection.
- People need to tap on them to start watching.
- They are used for many different things, like showing fun stuff or teaching.
- They might look very planned and neat.
Instant Video Message:
- Instant video messages are made when you’re chatting with someone.
- They can only be up to 60 seconds long.
- You don’t need to do a lot of editing for these messages.
- These messages are only in your chat and not automatically saved.
- When you open them, they start playing on their own.
- They’re good for quickly showing something happening or how you’re feeling.
- They feel natural and real, like talking to a friend.
How To Activate Instant Video Message
When WhatsApp launched the Instant Video Message feature, users didn’t have to activate it separately. Instead, they only needed to tap the microphone icon in the chat, and the Instant Video Message icon would appear. Users could easily record and send short videos using this feature.
Perhaps due to user confusion between Voice Messages and Video Messages, WhatsApp has now removed this feature as the default option. To use the Instant Video feature, you need to enable it in the settings, which is a straightforward process.
Below, I have provided a step-by-step guide on how to activate the Instant Video Feature in WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap the three dots to access the menu, then select “Settings.”
- Navigate to the “Chat” option.
- Enable the toggle switch for “Instant Video Messages.”
How To Send Instant Video Message On WhatsApp
Sending a WhatsApp video message on Android and iPhone is very simple and easy. Just follow the steps given below.
2. Now open the chat of the person you want to send the video message.
3. Below your screen, on the right side, you will see a Microphone icon. A single tap on it and a Camera icon will appear.
4. Press and hold the camera icon, and your video message recording will start.
5. When you are done recording, remove your finger from the camera icon, and the message will be sent automatically.
- To lock video recording, you need to slide towards the Lock Icon above. Then the recording gets locked, and even removing the finger doesn’t stop the recording.
- To cancel the recording, you have to slide to the left.
- In a video message, you can use both the front and back cameras. Here, you get the option to switch the camera.
I hope you like this information. In this blog post, I have tried to share with you all the information related to WhatsApp instant video messages, I have also provided instructions on how to enable and use this feature. If you encounter any issues, please feel free to leave a comment below. I always read and respond to comments from my users.
So what are you waiting for? Open your WhatsApp on your mobile and send your friends a new video message. Always keep the video short so that your friend doesn’t get bored with a long video.
Why is my WhatsApp video option message not working?
If the video message is not working properly, there can be 2 solutions for it. Go to the app settings and allow the necessary permission. Download/update the latest version of WhatsApp.
Can I send an instant video message to multiple contacts at once?
No, you cannot send instant video messages to multiple contacts at once. You can send them to one person or in a group. But you can forward your video to multiple people later.
How can I delete a video message on WhatsApp?
- Long press the video message.
- The Delete icon will appear above the tap on it.
- Two options will be shown. Select any Option according to your Need.
- “Delete for Everyone” deletes it from your side and the recipient’s side.
- “Delete for Me” removes it only from your side.
Is the WhatsApp video message feature available on the web version?
No, the WhatsApp video message feature is not available on the web version.