Are you an Android user and get tired of writing long messages on WhatsApp and don’t like sending voice messages?
In such a situation, the Gboard Voice Typing feature can help you.
It’s a feature that allows you to convert your voice into text and send it to your contacts or groups. Using this feature saves time compared to manual typing and increases your message-writing speed.
To enable the Voice to Text feature on an Android mobile, you need to activate Voice Typing in the Gboard app and grant microphone permission. After that, you can easily use the Voice to Text feature in WhatsApp.
In this blog, I have explained the complete method and attached images of the steps to make it easier for you to understand.
Let’s Get Started!
Activate Voice Typing on Android via Gboard
Gboard is a keyboard app that works on all Android devices, even if they are running Android 7.0 or a newer version. It comes pre-installed as the default keyboard on most Android phones. If you don’t already have this app on your mobile device, you can easily download and install it from the Google Play Store.
1. Open Your Phone’s Settings: Find the gear icon in the top-right corner when you swipe down from the top of your screen or look for the “Settings” app in your apps list.
2. Access System: Tap on ‘System.’
3. Go to Language & Input: Here, You will see “Language & Input”. Tap on it.
4. Select Virtual Keyboard: Inside “Language & Input,” tap on “Virtual Keyboard.”
5. Manage Gboard: Find and tap on “Gboard” in the list of keyboards to manage its settings.
6. Turn on Voice Typing: Tap On the “Voice typing” Option.
7. Activate Voice Typing: Now you need to check the “Use voice typing” option.
After Following All These Steps, a Microphone Icon Will Appear Above Your Keyboard.
How To Use Voice Typing in WhatsApp
I hope by now you have activated Voice Typing and granted the required permissions to Gboard.
Now, it’s time to learn how to use Voice Typing in WhatsApp. Below, I have explained it step by step:
- First, open the WhatsApp app on your Android mobile.
- Now open the chat where you want to write a message using Voice Typing.
- You’ll see a Microphone icon above the keyboard. Tap on it.
- At this point, when the message “Speak Now” or “Listening” appears, start speaking.
- What you say into the microphone will automatically be converted into text and will appear in your message box.
- Finally, simply tap the Send button to send your message.
This is a straightforward and easy method that allows you to send messages in text form using your voice on WhatsApp.
Read More WhatsApp Tips:
Benefits of Using Voice Typing in WhatsApp
Voice typing in WhatsApp offers several advantages that make messaging easier and more convenient. Below, I have mentioned some benefits that will give you an idea of how useful these features are
- Convenience: Voice typing makes it easy to send messages without typing on a keyboard.
- Speed: It’s faster than manual typing, helping you send messages quickly.
- Accessibility: Useful for those with mobility or typing difficulties.
- Multitasking: Allows you to send messages while doing other tasks.
- Reduced Typing Fatigue: Less: typing means less strain on your fingers.
- Hands-Free: Great for when your hands are occupied.
- Improved Accuracy: Voice recognition technology is becoming more precise.
- Efficiency: Easily dictate longer messages without the hassle of typing.
- Fun and Engaging: It adds a new way to interact with your contacts.
Tips for Effective Voice Typing
Below, I am giving you some tips that can help you improve your voice typing.
- Speak Clearly and Slowly: Enunciate your words clearly and speak at a moderate pace to help the voice recognition software understand you better.
- Use Punctuation Commands: Say punctuation marks like “period” or “comma” to add proper punctuation to your text.
- Format Your Text: Use commands like “new paragraph” or “new line” to format your message as you speak.
- Edit and Proofread: After voice typing, review your message for accuracy and correct any errors or misunderstandings.
- Avoid Background Noise: Find a quiet place to voice type to minimize the chances of the software mishearing your words.
- Practice: The more you use voice typing, the better the software becomes at recognizing your voice, so practice can improve accuracy.
- Learn Voice Commands: Familiarize yourself with voice commands like “delete,” “undo,” and “select all” to make editing easier.
- Use Headphones: If you’re in a noisy environment using headphones with a built-in microphone can help improve accuracy.
- Speak Naturally: Speak in a natural conversational tone, rather than robotically, for better results.
- Take Breaks: If you’re voice typing for an extended period, take breaks to avoid vocal strain.
These tips will help you use voice typing effectively and make the process smoother and more accurate, enhancing your messaging and productivity.
If you are an Android user and face difficulty in typing lengthy messages on WhatsApp or any other app, you can use the Voice Typing feature available in the Gboard app to overcome this problem.
Using this feature is very easy. You just need to enable the Voice Typing feature and grant the required permissions to Gboard.
Before using this feature, make sure to read the tips I have mentioned here.
If you encounter any issues or need help with using this method, you can comment below or directly message us through the Contact Us page. Our team is always ready to assist you.