WhatsApp is a messaging platform where people from all over the world stay connected with each other. On WhatsApp you can make video calls, voice calls, send text messages, and share files.
The best feature of WhatsApp is the WhatsApp group where you can connect with multiple people. If you have a WhatsApp group and want to improve its appearance you need to add a suitable icon for it. If you do not know how to change the WhatsApp Group icon then this blog post will be helpful for you.
Today I will share the method of how can you Change WhatsApp Group display pictures. Whether you have an Android or iPhone, or you use the web version I will provide tutorials for all devices.
After reading this guide you won’t need to watch any other blog posts or videos because I will explain The solution in very simple steps.
How To Change WhatsApp Group Icon
Changing the WhatsApp Group icon/Profile Picture is very simple but the method changes a bit on different devices. Therefore I have created separate tutorials for all devices. Below you will find three headings: Android, iPhone, and Web Version. In these sections, I have shared tutorials customized to each device’s specific process.
This tutorial is for Android users. Just follow these simple steps:
1. First open your WhatsApp group for which you want to change the profile picture.
2. Tap on the three dots and select the “Group info” option.
3. Tap on the Group icon.
4. You will see a “Pencil ✏️” icon Tap on it and select “Gallery.”
6. Choose a picture From Your Gallery.
7. If the image’s size is large you might need to “Crop” it. After cropping tap “Done.”
Your group’s new icon will be updated and all the group members will now see the new picture.
If you are an iOS user and you have an iPhone or iPad device follow these steps to change the WhatsApp group image:
1. First open your group.
2. Click on the three dots and select the “Group Info” option.
3. Tap on the group icon.
4. If your icon is already saved in the Gallery select the “Choose Photo“.
5. Now choose the image you want to set for your group from the Gallery.
6. tap on “Done”.
1. Open your WhatsApp group on Web WhatsApp.
2. Click on the three dots and select the “Group info” option.
3. Click on the group icon and then click on “Upload Photo“.
4. Now open the folder where your image is saved.
5. Select the image and click on the Open/Save option.
Group icon Features
When we add a profile picture to a WhatsApp group, we see 4 options: Camera, Gallery, Emoji and stickers, and Web Search. If you don’t know what these features are used for I have explained them below.
Camera: With this option you can directly capture a picture using your mobile camera and use it as a group icon.
Gallery/Choose Photo: If you have any saved images in your mobile you can select them.
Emoji & Stickers: Here you can create a unique WhatsApp group icon using emojis and stickers. You can also choose your preferred background color.
Search web: In this option you are provided with unlimited images Simply type in any word and WhatsApp will show you images accordingly. (if your group is related to PUBG type “PUBG” in the Search Web option a lot of images related to PUBG will appear.)
Tips for Perfect WhatsApp group icon
- Pick an icon that matches your group theme or purpose like a family icon for a family group.
- Choose simple icons that are easy to see even when they’re small.
- Use clear, sharp images to avoid blurry icons. Avoid low quality pictures.
- Remember that WhatsApp group icons are circles so choose icons that fit well within a circle.
- If your icon is simple add a background color that goes well with it.
- Test the icon on your device to make sure it looks clear even in a list of chats.
- Change the icon sometimes to give the group a fresh look or for special events.
- Use images you own or free to use images to avoid legal problems.
Read More WhatsApp Group Customization Tips:
- Change WhatsApp Group Name 
- How To Delete WhatsApp Group Permanently
- 2 Easiest Ways To Tag Everyone in WhatsApp Group
I hope you will like this blog post. I have explained how to change WhatsApp group icon or profile picture in the Android, iPhone, and web versions. I have also attached images to make it easier for you to understand. These methods Are latest 2023 updated and 100% Working.
When changing the WhatsApp group icon, you will see four options: Camera, Gallery, Emoji & Stickers and Search Web. I have explained each of these options one by one so you can choose the option that seems suitable to you.
In the end I have provided tips for selecting the best group profile picture. Before you change your DP make sure to read these guidelines carefully.
Can I Change My WhatsApp Group Icon to a GIF or Video?
Unfortunately, WhatsApp currently supports only static images as group icons. You cannot set a GIF or video as your group’s profile picture.
What’s the Ideal Size for a WhatsApp Group Icon?
The recommended size for a WhatsApp group icon is 500×500 pixels. This size ensures that the image looks clear and sharp without any distortion. (source)
Can I Change the WhatsApp Group Icon Without Being the Admin?
Yes, you can change the WhatsApp group icon without being the admin, but only if the group admin has enabled this feature. (Source)
Will Changing the WhatsApp Group Icon Notify Group Members?
Yes, when you change the group icon, WhatsApp sends a notification to all group members, informing them of the change and displaying the new icon.